Looking for GLUT - Solaris

This is a discussion on Looking for GLUT - Solaris ; SunOS xxx 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc I have Nvidia support installed $ pkginfo | grep -i nvid system NVDAgraphics NVIDIA Graphics System Software system NVDAgraphicsr NVIDIA Graphics System Device Driver I have Xorg installed $ pkginfo | grep -i ...

  1. Looking for GLUT

    SunOS xxx 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc

    I have Nvidia support installed

    $ pkginfo | grep -i nvid
    system NVDAgraphics NVIDIA Graphics System Software
    system NVDAgraphicsr NVIDIA Graphics System Device Driver

    I have Xorg installed

    $ pkginfo | grep -i xorg
    system SUNWxorg-clientlibs X.Org Foundation X Client Libraries
    system SUNWxorg-compatlinks X11 Compatibility Links
    system SUNWxorg-doc X.Org Foundation Xserver documentation
    system SUNWxorg-graphics-ddx X.Org Foundation Xserver Graphics Device Modules
    system SUNWxorg-headers X.Org Foundation X11 client headers
    system SUNWxorg-server X.Org Foundation Xserver
    system SUNWxorg-xkb X.Org Foundation Xserver keyboard layouts

    But SUNWxorg-mesa,which I'm told contains GLUT, is missing. I can't find
    the package on the Sol10 CDs I have.

    Where can I find SUNWxorg-mesa?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Looking for GLUT

    In article <447840d6$0$773$5a6aecb4@news.aaisp.net.uk>,
    News wrote:
    >Where can I find SUNWxorg-mesa?

    I added it to my S10 FCS installation from the S10U1 media.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  3. Re: Looking for GLUT

    News writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |But SUNWxorg-mesa,which I'm told contains GLUT, is missing.

    It does not. The GLUT license is not Open Source.

    |I can't find the package on the Sol10 CDs I have.
    |Where can I find SUNWxorg-mesa?

    On the Solaris 10 1/06 (S10U1) or later CD's.

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/