Booting with Serial Console Sol10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Booting with Serial Console Sol10 - Solaris ; I have been trying to just turn on Serial Console on Solaris 10 on our Supermicros but have had little luck, and it just occured that this could be the reason it is not quite working right: asy1: UART @ ...

  1. Booting with Serial Console Sol10

    I have been trying to just turn on Serial Console on Solaris 10 on our
    Supermicros but have had little luck, and it just occured that this
    could be the reason it is not quite working right:

    asy1: UART @ 2f8 scratch register: expected 0x5a, got 0xff

  2. Re: Booting with Serial Console Sol10

    Suspected it was a red-herring. I do not think the hardware has a Com2,
    nor do I need one.

    I already know that Com1 works, since Grub works with it, AND, I can
    manually run:
    "/usr/lib/saf/ttymon -g -d /dev/term/a -l console -T vt100" and get
    serial communication, I just need to make Solaris spawn getty
    automatically for me so I can log in on console.

+ Reply to Thread