kdmconfig - Solaris

This is a discussion on kdmconfig - Solaris ; Can any one pls tell me how to config the kdmconfig utility in solaris 10 1/06 for x86 processor. I have 512 MB ram, 40 gb hard disk, 15 inch samtron 56v monitor, AMD Athlon 2400 xp+ processor with inbuilt ...

  1. kdmconfig

    Can any one pls tell me how to config the kdmconfig utility in solaris
    10 1/06 for x86 processor. I have 512 MB ram, 40 gb hard disk, 15 inch
    samtron 56v monitor, AMD Athlon 2400 xp+ processor with inbuilt VGA
    card.

    thanks
    kumaran

  2. Re: kdmconfig

    On Tue, 09 May 2006 07:23:48 -0700, kumaran wrote:

    > Can any one pls tell me how to config the kdmconfig utility in solaris
    > 10 1/06 for x86 processor. I have 512 MB ram, 40 gb hard disk, 15 inch
    > samtron 56v monitor, AMD Athlon 2400 xp+ processor with inbuilt VGA
    > card.

    Don't use kdmconfig :-)

    Sol 10 uses Xorg, which is getting pretty good at etecting all the
    graphics bits.

    If you gave run kdmconfig and selected Xsun, try re-runing and selecting
    Xorg.

    Then have a look at http://www.opensolaris.org , there will be a few blogs
    about tweaking Xorg (if needed)

    HTH

    --
    Bruce

    "The internet is a huge and diverse community and
    not every one is friendly"
    http://www.ytc1.co.uk

  3. Re: kdmconfig

    kumaran wrote:
    > Can any one pls tell me how to config the kdmconfig utility in solaris
    > 10 1/06 for x86 processor. I have 512 MB ram, 40 gb hard disk, 15 inch
    > samtron 56v monitor, AMD Athlon 2400 xp+ processor with inbuilt VGA
    > card.

    Hi,

    kdmconfig usually does a pretty good job of recognizing your
    hardware, but you may have to tweak it a bit if, e.g., it doesn't
    catch that you have a 3-button mouse. You might have to know a
    little about what resolution and color depth your video supports and
    probably a little about what your monitor will support. Especially
    if you don't see an exact match in the monitor list, select an
    option that's a more conservative than aggressive (lower H and V
    refresh rates, etc.).

    As far as stepping through the menus, that's mainly a matter of
    getting used to using the function keys to answere its questions.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread