Solaris 10 on VMware - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 on VMware - Solaris ; Hey All! I installed solaris 10 on a virtual machine using VMware server build 22874 (experimental). It's running fine, but there is a message that keeps on coming up in the logs: [kern.info] NOTICE pcn: possible RX frame corruption where ...

  1. Solaris 10 on VMware

    Hey All!

    I installed solaris 10 on a virtual machine using VMware server build
    22874 (experimental). It's running fine, but there is a message that
    keeps on coming up in the logs:

    [kern.info] NOTICE pcn: possible RX frame corruption

    where pcn is my network adapter.

    ifconfig -a shows:

    pcn0: flags=1004843 mtu 1500
    index 2
    inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask ffffff00 broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    netstat -I pcn0 shows:

    Name Mtu Net/Dest Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Queue
    pcn0 1500 dyn80-034 dyn80-034 1763897 0 615886 0 0 0

    So, no signs of packet corruption here.

    Does anybody have a clue as to what might be causing the "possible"
    packet frame corruption??

    Thanx

  2. Re: Solaris 10 on VMware

    wrote in message
    news:1147164455.635661.233470@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hey All!
    >
    > I installed solaris 10 on a virtual machine using VMware server build
    > 22874 (experimental). It's running fine, but there is a message that
    > keeps on coming up in the logs:
    >
    > [kern.info] NOTICE pcn: possible RX frame corruption
    >
    > where pcn is my network adapter.
    >
    > ifconfig -a shows:
    >

    > pcn0: flags=1004843 mtu 1500
    > index 2
    > inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask ffffff00 broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    >
    > netstat -I pcn0 shows:
    >
    > Name Mtu Net/Dest Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Queue
    > pcn0 1500 dyn80-034 dyn80-034 1763897 0 615886 0 0 0
    >
    > So, no signs of packet corruption here.
    >
    > Does anybody have a clue as to what might be causing the "possible"
    > packet frame corruption??
    >
    > Thanx

    I don't know the cause.

    I can confirm I get the same message:

    May 9 08:34:58 sol10vm pcn: [ID 201777 kern.info] NOTICE: pcn: possible RX
    frame corruption

    As well I encounter a seemingly random loss of network connectivity on the
    pcn interface, which can be resolved by clicking the NIC icon in VMWare and
    doing a disconnect then a Connect.

    This is with:

    $ uname -X
    System = SunOS
    Node = sol10vm
    Release = 5.10
    KernelID = Generic_118844-26
    Machine = i86pc
    BusType =
    Serial =
    Users =
    OEM# = 0
    Origin# = 1
    NumCPU = 1

    Running on VMware Workstation 5.5.0 build-18463