solaris7 x86 (FYI, my post is not much help) - Solaris

This is a discussion on solaris7 x86 (FYI, my post is not much help) - Solaris ; It is now a long time ago, but Solaris7 x86 "11/99" can install on a Pentium 166MHZ with 128MB ram, a 4GB disk, a 2MB ATI videocard and a 3Com NIC. You will have Openwindows as the GUI with no ...

  1. solaris7 x86 (FYI, my post is not much help)

    It is now a long time ago, but Solaris7 x86 "11/99" can install on a Pentium
    166MHZ with 128MB ram, a 4GB disk, a 2MB ATI videocard and a 3Com NIC. You
    will have Openwindows as the GUI with no substantial software.

    The installation took forever. You will have no apps or C/C++ compiler.
    GCC was available online. I think the included Netscape (or was it
    HotJava) browser was a version 2 browser, but it did its job.

    Your best bet is to browse the hardware compatibilty lists (HCL) for the
    last few Solaris releases somewhere on Sun's website.

    I apologize that I can't offer more detailed information. Good luck.

  2. wrong thread, my bad

    Please accept my apology for posting in the wrong thread. I am sorry.

    this_is_not_an_email_@ddr.ess wrote:

    > It is now a long time ago, but Solaris7 x86 "11/99" can install on a

+ Reply to Thread