solaris intel and samba - Solaris

This is a discussion on solaris intel and samba - Solaris ; Hi, I have just successfully installed Samba 3.0.22 on a solaris 10 box ( just a regular ./configure ./make & ./make install ) I now have the net command ( missing if the sun samba packages are used ), and ...

  1. solaris intel and samba

    Hi,
    I have just successfully installed Samba 3.0.22 on a solaris 10 box ( just a
    regular ./configure ./make & ./make install )

    I now have the net command ( missing if the sun samba packages are used ),
    and now want to use this command to join this machine to the domain.

    The domain is a windows 2000 AD domain in native mode.

    When I run net join -S servername -Uadministrator

    I get
    "could not initialise the lsa pipe"
    "could not obtain sid for domain"

    This linux box is only supposed to be a member server.

    Any help would be gratefully recieved, if any more info is required just
    ask.

    Regards

    Paul

  2. Re: solaris intel and samba

    p@p.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have just successfully installed Samba 3.0.22 on a solaris 10 box ( just a
    > regular ./configure ./make & ./make install )
    >
    > I now have the net command ( missing if the sun samba packages are used ),
    > and now want to use this command to join this machine to the domain.
    >
    > The domain is a windows 2000 AD domain in native mode.

    For true ADS support you will need a little bit more:

    .. MIT Kerberos 5
    .. OpenSSL (the one supplied in /usr/sfw should be Ok though)
    .. Cyrus SASL (haven't tested with the SASL bundled with Solaris 10)
    .. OpenLDAP

    You may point ./configure of samba to the right location of packages, but
    then it should compile and run without a problem. I have already integrated
    some Samba 3.0.x machines into ADS (Solaris 9, 10 - SPARC though but
    shouldn't make a difference)

    --
    Daniel

  3. Re: solaris intel and samba

    Daniel,

    Thanks for the reply, so I need all these other packages just to make a
    solaris 10 machine a member of the AD domain (not a DC). I will get
    downloading...

    Is there a howtoo on what I'm trying to do ? and what you have done ? ( I've
    had a look but not found much)

    Regards

    Paul

    "Daniel Rock" wrote in message
    > p@p.com wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have just successfully installed Samba 3.0.22 on a solaris 10 box (
    >> just a
    >> regular ./configure ./make & ./make install )
    >>
    >> I now have the net command ( missing if the sun samba packages are
    >> used ),
    >> and now want to use this command to join this machine to the domain.
    >>
    >> The domain is a windows 2000 AD domain in native mode.

    > For true ADS support you will need a little bit more:
    >
    > . MIT Kerberos 5
    > . OpenSSL (the one supplied in /usr/sfw should be Ok though)
    > . Cyrus SASL (haven't tested with the SASL bundled with Solaris 10)
    > . OpenLDAP
    >
    > You may point ./configure of samba to the right location of packages, but
    > then it should compile and run without a problem. I have already
    > integrated
    > some Samba 3.0.x machines into ADS (Solaris 9, 10 - SPARC though but
    > shouldn't make a difference)
    >

    > --
    > Daniel

  4. Re: solaris intel and samba

    p@p.com wrote:
    > Daniel,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply, so I need all these other packages just to make a
    > solaris 10 machine a member of the AD domain (not a DC). I will get
    > downloading...

    Also for a native ADS membership you'll need ADS support in samba. But you
    can also integrate samba like NT 4.0 servers/workstations.

    If you want ADS you'll need

    1. MIT Kerberos from
    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.4/
    I configured mine with
    ./configure --enable-dns-for-realms

    2. OpenSSL
    The one provided with Solaris 10 should be sufficient.

    3. Cyrus SASL from
    http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/
    Configure with
    ./configure --with-openssl=/usr/sfw
    or
    ./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/openssl
    depending which OpenSSL you are using.
    Solaris 10 also includes SASL but I haven't tested with it.

    4. OpenLDAP from
    http://www.openldap.org/software/download/
    I configured mine with
    ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl --with-tls --with-pic
    but likely the last two options are not required.

    5. Then you can configure samba:
    ./configure --with-ads [additional options]

    Your final smbd should then look like (paths might differ):
    % ldd /usr/local/sbin/smbd
    libthread.so.1 => /lib/libthread.so.1
    libldap.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libldap.so.2
    liblber.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2
    libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
    libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.3
    libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libk5crypto.so.3
    libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libkrb5support.so.0
    libcom_err.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libcom_err.so.3
    libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2
    libsocket.so.1 => /lib/libsocket.so.1
    libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1
    libpam.so.1 => /lib/libpam.so.1
    libsec.so.1 => /lib/libsec.so.1
    libsendfile.so.1 => /lib/libsendfile.so.1
    libdl.so.1 => /lib/libdl.so.1
    libc.so.1 => /lib/libc.so.1
    libgen.so.1 => /lib/libgen.so.1
    libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2
    libssl.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.0
    libcrypto.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0
    libmp.so.2 => /lib/libmp.so.2
    libmd5.so.1 => /lib/libmd5.so.1
    libscf.so.1 => /lib/libscf.so.1
    libcmd.so.1 => /lib/libcmd.so.1
    libdoor.so.1 => /lib/libdoor.so.1
    libuutil.so.1 => /lib/libuutil.so.1
    libm.so.2 => /lib/libm.so.2
    /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libc_psr.so.1
    /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libmd5_psr.so.1

    Notes:

    Not all packages set the right runtime linker paths during compilation. As
    a Q'n'D solution I just set the environment variable
    "LD_OPTIONS=-R/usr/local/lib:/usr/usr/sfw/lib"
    in such cases.

    If you are using Sun's cc compiler and not gcc, /usr/local/{lib,include}
    also won't be searched by default.

    > Is there a howtoo on what I'm trying to do ? and what you have done ? ( I've
    > had a look but not found much)

    The documentation is a little sparse:

    http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/...html#id2652933

    --
    Daniel

  5. Re: solaris intel and samba

    Daniel,

    again thank you for that information.

    two points,

    First point, could you expand upon your "Also for a native ADS membership
    you'll need ADS support in samba. But you
    can also integrate samba like NT 4.0 servers/workstations." Do you mean
    there is a simplier way ?

    As I just trying to achieve a samba server that will apply a AD group to a
    samba share for access.

    Second point, when I try to compile OpenLDAP I get a "c compiler cannot
    create executables" which I had before when I orginally tried to compile
    Samba and all I need to do was ensure that /usr/sfw/bin was in my path and
    it would then compile. I have check that my path contains this additional
    location but it still fails.

    Again any help is gratefully recieved.

> [...]

    > libssl.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.0
    > libcrypto.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0
    > libmp.so.2 => /lib/libmp.so.2
    > libmd5.so.1 => /lib/libmd5.so.1
    > libscf.so.1 => /lib/libscf.so.1
    > libcmd.so.1 => /lib/libcmd.so.1
    > libdoor.so.1 => /lib/libdoor.so.1
    > libuutil.so.1 => /lib/libuutil.so.1
    > libm.so.2 => /lib/libm.so.2
    > /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libc_psr.so.1
    > /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libmd5_psr.so.1
    >
    > Notes:
    >
    > Not all packages set the right runtime linker paths during compilation. As
    > a Q'n'D solution I just set the environment variable
    > "LD_OPTIONS=-R/usr/local/lib:/usr/usr/sfw/lib"
    > in such cases.
    >
    > If you are using Sun's cc compiler and not gcc, /usr/local/{lib,include}
    > also won't be searched by default.
    >

    >> Is there a howtoo on what I'm trying to do ? and what you have done ? (

  6. Re: solaris intel and samba

    p@p.com wrote:
    > Daniel,
    >
    > again thank you for that information.

    I think it would be easier for you to just install the already precompiled
    samba package from Blastwave:

    http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/samba

    --
    Daniel