H/W Real Time Clock is defect? - Solaris

This is a discussion on H/W Real Time Clock is defect? - Solaris ; Dear all, during the boot process my AMD64 system under Solaris 10 x86 is telling me: The H/W RTC appears to have the wrong century Use 'date' to set the correct date Indeed the 'date' command shows me the 31 ...

  1. H/W Real Time Clock is defect?

    Dear all,

    during the boot process my AMD64 system under Solaris 10 x86 is telling
    me:

    The H/W RTC appears to have the wrong century
    Use 'date' to set the correct date

    Indeed the 'date' command shows me the 31 Dec 1969. Although I'm
    setting with the 'date' command the correct time, day and year the next
    'date' command gives me again this 1969 date.

    Do I have to replace something on the CPU board?

    THX in advance for any hints!

    Rainer B.

  2. Re: H/W Real Time Clock is defect?

    Replace the CMOS battery first.
    if it fails, replace the board. We have one case where the second is not
    actually ... 'second' as the RTC is faulty.

    wrote in message
    news:1146558382.325838.25440@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > during the boot process my AMD64 system under Solaris 10 x86 is telling
    > me:
    >
    > The H/W RTC appears to have the wrong century
    > Use 'date' to set the correct date
    >
    > Indeed the 'date' command shows me the 31 Dec 1969. Although I'm
    > setting with the 'date' command the correct time, day and year the next
    > 'date' command gives me again this 1969 date.
    >
    > Do I have to replace something on the CPU board?
    >
    > THX in advance for any hints!
    >
    > Rainer B.

+ Reply to Thread