Decent book on Solaris 10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Decent book on Solaris 10 - Solaris ; A couple of months ago I think there was a discussion about what was a good book about system administration for Solaris 10. I seem to remember there was quite a concensus on the best, the author also got involved. ...

  1. Decent book on Solaris 10

    A couple of months ago I think there was a discussion about what was a
    good book about system administration for Solaris 10. I seem to
    remember there was quite a concensus on the best, the author also got
    involved.
    Could someone please remind me what that book was, it might of been by
    Calkins but I do remember some of the other books covered things
    people thought too basic like how to login (could of been Sanghera).
    Not worried about certification so example exam questions are not the
    be all and end all.

    TIA Paul

  2. Re: Decent book on Solaris 10

    In article ,
    Paul Johnston wrote:
    >A couple of months ago I think there was a discussion about what was a
    >good book about system administration for Solaris 10. I seem to

    If you're new to UNIX System Administration, you might find
    Evi Nemeth's "UNIX System Administration Handbook" or Aeleen Frisch's
    "Essential System Administration" handy.

    The System Administrators Guides on docs.sun.com will show you
    the Solaris specifics.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread