Hey -
I'm looking to load Solaris 10 on a Portege 2000. I have the DVDs
which I've used to install on an x64 system. Unfortunately, the
Portege has no DVD/CD/FD or such, so I can't boot directly from there.
I could do a LAN install and probably will end up doing that; but, as a
matter of curiosity, I'm tempted to attempt to install via my USB DVD
drive (which won't boot). For some reason, the Portege has an SD drive
which is bootable. Would it be possible to create a boot from the SD
drive and load the support for my external DVD drive so I can install
from DVD? If so, how would I go about this?

Anyway, I'm just throwing this out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks - have a great day.
Matty U!