LDAP Implimentation help - Solaris

This is a discussion on LDAP Implimentation help - Solaris ; Hello, I am setting up Solaris 10 1/06. I need to authenticate windows xp clients from this server. Installed DHCP, DNS, and now it comes to LDAP, haven't setup LDAP before. I read lot of books and blueprints from sun ...

  1. LDAP Implimentation help

    Hello,

    I am setting up Solaris 10 1/06. I need to authenticate windows xp
    clients from this server.

    Installed DHCP, DNS, and now it comes to LDAP, haven't setup LDAP
    before.

    I read lot of books and blueprints from sun on this topic and got a
    general idea. But as I have n't implimented it before, any help
    regarding LDAP implimentation or precuations to take would be good.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: LDAP Implimentation help

    sandeep.pal.sidhu@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am setting up Solaris 10 1/06. I need to authenticate windows xp
    > clients from this server.
    >
    > Installed DHCP, DNS, and now it comes to LDAP, haven't setup LDAP
    > before.
    >
    > I read lot of books and blueprints from sun on this topic and got a
    > general idea. But as I have n't implimented it before, any help
    > regarding LDAP implimentation or precuations to take would be good.

    Read the thread here 'Question about samba on solaris x86', especially
    Daniel Rock's reply on 041906. Might be helpful. WRT Samba, he suggests

    .. MIT Kerberos 5
    .. OpenSSL (can use the one in Solaris 10 though)
    .. Cyrus SASL
    .. OpenLDAP

    Whether or not this might be related to a pure LDAP setup, I can't say,
    but on Linux (Kubuntu), I've had problems with LDAP, which didn't seem
    to work the same way as the openLDAP(SSL/SSH) we use everywhere else.
    based on my experiences with different systems, I'll prefer using
    openSSL/LDAP/SSH everywhere, to keep configs identical.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Mogens V.

  3. Re: LDAP Implimentation help

    sandeep.pal.sidhu@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am setting up Solaris 10 1/06. I need to authenticate windows xp
    > clients from this server.
    >
    > Installed DHCP, DNS, and now it comes to LDAP, haven't setup LDAP
    > before.
    >
    > I read lot of books and blueprints from sun on this topic and got a
    > general idea. But as I have n't implimented it before, any help
    > regarding LDAP implimentation or precuations to take would be good.

    Read the thread here 'Question about samba on solaris x86', especially
    Daniel Rock's reply on 041906. Might be helpful. WRT Samba, he suggests

    .. MIT Kerberos 5
    .. OpenSSL (can use the one in Solaris 10 though)
    .. Cyrus SASL
    .. OpenLDAP

    Whether or not this might be related to a pure LDAP setup, I can't say,
    but on Linux (Kubuntu), I've had problems with LDAP, which didn't seem
    to work the same way as the openLDAP(SSL/SSH) we use everywhere else.
    based on my experiences with different systems, I'll prefer using
    openSSL/LDAP/SSH everywhere, to keep configs identical.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Mogens V.

  4. Re: LDAP Implimentation help

    Hi,

    Can't I do it with iPlanet Directory Service... please advise, cause it
    is all what I have in
    solaris blueprints or pdf's. So, help on the internet, has HOWto's but
    they are lots of lots of commands. Will it have to be setup like that,
    cause then I will prepare for it that way.

    Can you please advise where to start...any HOWTo you
    suggest....although, I am quiet a learning person, learns things
    quickly, but have no idea how it works.....i am stuck here....help

+ Reply to Thread