Ultra 20 failure to boot w/ 4 GB resolved - Solaris

This is a discussion on Ultra 20 failure to boot w/ 4 GB resolved - Solaris ; FYI I got a new PSU (looks the same, but different part #) from Sun and installed it. System now boots fine w/ 4 GB installed. The label is the same but w/ a little 3 pasted on top of ...

  1. Ultra 20 failure to boot w/ 4 GB resolved

    FYI

    I got a new PSU (looks the same, but different part #) from Sun and
    installed it. System now boots fine w/ 4 GB installed.

    The label is the same but w/ a little 3 pasted on top of the trailing 2
    in the part #. Don't know what the change was internally.

    rhb

  2. Re: Ultra 20 failure to boot w/ 4 GB resolved

    Reginald Beardsley wrote:
    > FYI
    >
    > I got a new PSU (looks the same, but different part #) from Sun and
    > installed it. System now boots fine w/ 4 GB installed.
    >
    > The label is the same but w/ a little 3 pasted on top of the trailing 2
    > in the part #. Don't know what the change was internally.
    >
    > rhb

    Why not post the full part number if you are going to refer to this 2
    and 3. In isolation, they are not going to be of any use to anyone.

    --
    Dave K MCSE.