sata 3112 install fails - Solaris

This is a discussion on sata 3112 install fails - Solaris ; hi, just tried to install latest solaris 10 x86 on my pc with an nforce 2 board (asus) and onboard sata silicon image 3112 controller and it gets to the graphical part of the install and then fails with the ...

  1. sata 3112 install fails

    hi,

    just tried to install latest solaris 10 x86 on my
    pc with an nforce 2 board (asus) and onboard sata silicon image 3112
    controller and it gets to the graphical part of the install and then fails
    with the message , disk not found
    or cannot find disk, ive done a quick websearch and apparently SI 3112
    sata controllers are supposed to be supported, whats happening? im not
    using a raid configuration but the bios for the 3112 is a raid bios
    ofcourse. doesnt find the disk anyhow

    any help appreciated

    james

  2. Re: sata 3112 install fails

    james maslin wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > just tried to install latest solaris 10 x86 on my
    > pc with an nforce 2 board (asus) and onboard sata silicon image 3112
    > controller and it gets to the graphical part of the install and then fails
    > with the message , disk not found
    > or cannot find disk, ive done a quick websearch and apparently SI 3112
    > sata controllers are supposed to be supported, whats happening? im not
    > using a raid configuration but the bios for the 3112 is a raid bios
    > ofcourse. doesnt find the disk anyhow
    >
    > any help appreciated

    Have you tried the latest Express? It works fine with nForce3 and 4
    systems, where 10u1 does not.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: sata 3112 install fails

    i havent actually, whats the differnece with it then?
    express

    james

    "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    > james maslin wrote:
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> just tried to install latest solaris 10 x86 on my
    >> pc with an nforce 2 board (asus) and onboard sata silicon image 3112
    >> controller and it gets to the graphical part of the install and then
    >> fails
    >> with the message , disk not found
    >> or cannot find disk, ive done a quick websearch and apparently SI 3112
    >> sata controllers are supposed to be supported, whats happening? im not
    >> using a raid configuration but the bios for the 3112 is a raid bios
    >> ofcourse. doesnt find the disk anyhow
    >>
    >> any help appreciated
    >>

    > Have you tried the latest Express? It works fine with nForce3 and 4
    > systems, where 10u1 does not.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

  4. Re: sata 3112 install fails

    i actually downloaded the 01/06 version

    wouldnt have thought the 03/06 express version would be much different in
    terms of support for sata

    just getting the 03/06 build now

    james

    "james maslin" wrote in message
    >i havent actually, whats the differnece with it then?
    > express
    >
    > james
    >

    > "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    >> james maslin wrote:
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> just tried to install latest solaris 10 x86 on my
    >>> pc with an nforce 2 board (asus) and onboard sata silicon image 3112
    >>> controller and it gets to the graphical part of the install and then
    >>> fails
    >>> with the message , disk not found
    >>> or cannot find disk, ive done a quick websearch and apparently SI 3112
    >>> sata controllers are supposed to be supported, whats happening? im not
    >>> using a raid configuration but the bios for the 3112 is a raid bios
    >>> ofcourse. doesnt find the disk anyhow
    >>>
    >>> any help appreciated
    >>>

    >> Have you tried the latest Express? It works fine with nForce3 and 4
    >> systems, where 10u1 does not.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.

  5. Re: sata 3112 install fails

    james maslin wrote:
    > i actually downloaded the 01/06 version
    >
    > wouldnt have thought the 03/06 express version would be much different in
    > terms of support for sata

    It is.

    --
    Ian Collins.