hang-up..Extracting..Extracting - Solaris

This is a discussion on hang-up..Extracting..Extracting - Solaris ; I installed Sol8/Intel on 160 GB . only 131 GB were visible to Sol though I have installed the ata batch before installation I do not know why ?? Any way the PC hang up after the the web start ...

  1. hang-up..Extracting..Extracting

    I installed Sol8/Intel on 160 GB . only 131 GB were visible to Sol
    though I have installed the ata batch before installation I do not know
    why ??
    Any way the PC hang up after the the web start launcher and sol said
    Extracting Extracting and machine goes into sleep before the Login ?
    Extracting what ?? What is happening . I always forced to reset machine
    ?

  2. Re: hang-up..Extracting..Extracting

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > I installed Sol8/Intel on 160 GB . only 131 GB were visible to Sol
    > though I have installed the ata batch before installation I do not know
    > why ??
    > Any way the PC hang up after the the web start launcher and sol said
    > Extracting Extracting and machine goes into sleep before the Login ?
    > Extracting what ?? What is happening . I always forced to reset machine
    > ?

    Please ; I told you to describe the hardware you are running on ,

    from the comment above we understand that you ATA disccontroller
    is so old that its got the 132 GB adress limit.

    We cant help you unless you describe the box you are trying to use.

    //Lars

  3. Re: hang-up..Extracting..Extracting

    PIII 900 MH. 160 gb WD

  4. Re: hang-up..Extracting..Extracting

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > PIII 900 MH. 160 gb WD

    Take a look here, and you can see what that is next to useless.

    Dave K MCSE.

  5. Re: hang-up..Extracting..Extracting

    Dave (from the UK) wrote:
    > ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> PIII 900 MH. 160 gb WD
    >>

    > Take a look here, and you can see what that is next to useless.
    >
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

    Opps,
    That was supposed to read:

    Take a look here, and you can see WHY that is next to useless. At least
    I got the URL right as

    Dave K MCSE.