Initial error message in installation Sol8 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Initial error message in installation Sol8 - Solaris ; I faced that problem when I was installing Sol 8 : Intel platform New WD HD 160 GB. unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device . Disk:Target 0: on Bus mastering IDE controller on board ...

  1. Initial error message in installation Sol8

    I faced that problem when I was installing Sol 8 :
    Intel platform
    New WD HD 160 GB.

    unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device .
    Disk:Target 0:
    on Bus mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 , at Dev 31,func1
    error message
    /pci@,00/...........:a:Can not open - no hstf VTOC
    Press Enter to continue

    How can I face that error ?

  2. Re: Initial error message in installation Sol8

    julieghobrial@gmail.com writes:

    > I faced that problem when I was installing Sol 8 :
    > Intel platform
    > New WD HD 160 GB.
    >
    > unable to mount on a Solaris root file system from the device .
    > Disk:Target 0:
    > on Bus mastering IDE controller on board PCI bus 0 , at Dev 31,func1
    > error message
    > /pci@,00/...........:a:Can not open - no hstf VTOC
    > Press Enter to continue
    >
    > How can I face that error ?

    Do not try to boot from the new / uninstalled / blank HDD. Select the
    optical device (CD/DVD-ROM) as the boot device for loading the
    Solaris install software.

+ Reply to Thread