No VTOC - Solaris

This is a discussion on No VTOC - Solaris ; to avoid that message in installation . Is low format to hard drive can solve that problem ?...

  1. No VTOC

    to avoid that message in installation . Is low format to hard drive can
    solve that problem ?

  2. Re: No VTOC

    When?
    at inititial installation I do not reach the step that Sol recognize
    and option me where I want to install my Sol I mean before that step
    that it gave me choices of Hard Target ?
    What platform?
    Sol 8 intel
    What disks?
    I have an old Windows installation on hard. If you have advice pls give
    it me from windows environment I can not do any thing from Sol.

  3. Re: No VTOC

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > When?
    > at inititial installation I do not reach the step that Sol recognize
    > and option me where I want to install my Sol I mean before that step
    > that it gave me choices of Hard Target ?
    > What platform?
    > Sol 8 intel
    > What disks?
    > I have an old Windows installation on hard. If you have advice pls give
    > it me from windows environment I can not do any thing from Sol.

    Can you please learn to quote?

    Have you even tried to boot form the Solaris media?

    This is starting to look like a long running troll.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  4. Re: No VTOC

    just ignore it. you have a new disk