Convention for the Location of texinfo.tex? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Convention for the Location of texinfo.tex? - Solaris ; Hi Folks: I'd like to build the latest gnu C++. Some gnu utilities don't seem to like Studio 11. At www.sunfreeware.com/gcc.html Steve Christensen says Texinfo is one of the required utilities to build gcc. Texinfo built fine using Studio 11. ...

  1. Convention for the Location of texinfo.tex?

    Hi Folks:

    I'd like to build the latest gnu C++. Some gnu utilities
    don't seem to like Studio 11.

    At www.sunfreeware.com/gcc.html Steve Christensen says
    Texinfo is one of the required utilities to build gcc.

    Texinfo built fine using Studio 11. The INSTALL doc
    mentions:

    * texinfo.tex and the other *.tex files are not installed by `make
    install'. This is because there is no reliable way to know where to
    install them. Instead, you have to run an additional make command
    after the normal make install:
    make TEXMF=/your/texmf install-tex
    texinfo.tex is installed in ${TEXMF}/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex, etc.

    Is there a convention for positioning these files for
    use by root? I've installed the gnu and other freeware
    under /opt/local.

    Thanks
    Larry

  2. Re: Convention for the Location of texinfo.tex?

    On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:18:36 -0700, Larry Lindstrom wrote:

    > make TEXMF=/your/texmf install-tex
    > texinfo.tex is installed in ${TEXMF}/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex, etc.

    That should be clear enough. I have it at

    /opt/sfw/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex

+ Reply to Thread