SunFire x2100 freeze - Solaris

This is a discussion on SunFire x2100 freeze - Solaris ; I have set up Solaris 10 (Generic_118844-26) on a new x2100 (just a couple of weeks old), and have been experiencing periodic freezes. After a couple of days, the machine just dies completely. The only way to get it back ...

  1. SunFire x2100 freeze

    I have set up Solaris 10 (Generic_118844-26) on a new x2100 (just a couple
    of weeks old), and have been experiencing periodic freezes. After a couple
    of days, the machine just dies completely. The only way to get it back it
    by power cycling it. I have been trying to look for some debug information,
    but so far have not had any success. There is nothing in the syslog, nor in
    /var/adm/messages. The only information I have from last is:

    reboot system boot Fri Apr 7 12:47
    reboot system down Fri Apr 7 12:34

    There is nothing under /var/crash either. I would apprecriate all
    suggestions on trying to isolate the reason for the freezes. It may be that
    the after market memory I added (Corsair) is not very good ...

    Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions.

    Rakesh

  2. Re: SunFire x2100 freeze

    Does this freeze only happed on Soalris 10?

    -Adam

+ Reply to Thread