for tutorial purposes.....network - Solaris

This is a discussion on for tutorial purposes.....network - Solaris ; I need to learn some communication commands eg. telnet,ftp. How can I install solaris on home in a network mode ? I have DSL router and 2 PCS .. Can I make one server and the other station ?...

  1. for tutorial purposes.....network

    I need to learn some communication commands eg. telnet,ftp. How can I
    install solaris on home in a network mode ? I have DSL router and 2 PCS
    .. Can I make one server and the other station ?

  2. Re: for tutorial purposes.....network

    Yes you can.

  3. Re: for tutorial purposes.....network

    Solaris is always networked. Sun's slogan has always been "The network
    is the computer"
    (except for the years when Scott had a dog named Network.

    So just set up one machine and perhaps create a zone on it and you can
    play network
    'til you're tired... Or install on both PCs.

    You can play with stopping telnet/ftp on one machine (svcadm disable
    telnet).

  4. Re: for tutorial purposes.....network

    franco_spencer@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Yes you can.

    You don't even have to do this though. You could just use a single machine and
    "network to itself".

    For example:

    ftp localhost
    telnet localhost