strange Sun Update behavior - Solaris

This is a discussion on strange Sun Update behavior - Solaris ; after months of behaving nicely, all of a sudden (since yesterrday), my Solaris 10 x86 laptop is reporting that I need some Sol9 patches in addition to Sol10 ones. Is anyone else seeing this? I can ignor them, but how ...

  1. strange Sun Update behavior

    after months of behaving nicely, all of a sudden (since yesterrday), my Solaris
    10 x86 laptop is reporting that I need some Sol9 patches in addition to Sol10
    ones. Is anyone else seeing this?

    I can ignor them, but how do I tell the system that I don't need to see them at all?

    --
    H.s.Modell, Reality Checker/4
    ---------

  2. Re: strange Sun Update behavior

    Howard Modell wrote:
    > after months of behaving nicely, all of a sudden (since yesterrday), my
    > Solaris 10 x86 laptop is reporting that I need some Sol9 patches in
    > addition to Sol10 ones. Is anyone else seeing this?
    >
    > I can ignor them, but how do I tell the system that I don't need to see
    > them at all?

    There is an open bug on this.
    It should be fixed yet today or tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread