how to create a x86 floppy from x86 cd - Solaris

This is a discussion on how to create a x86 floppy from x86 cd - Solaris ; Anybody knows how to create an x86 installation floppy disk. It used to have one for previous solaris releases. TIA Vic...

  1. how to create a x86 floppy from x86 cd

    Anybody knows how to create an x86 installation floppy disk. It used to
    have one for previous solaris releases.

    TIA

    Vic

  2. Re: how to create a x86 floppy from x86 cd

    vic wrote:

    > Anybody knows how to create an x86 installation floppy disk. It used to
    > have one for previous solaris releases.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Vic

    Hi,

    I'm assuming that you mean for Solaris 10 X86? I went through this
    before, and I believe that where I ended up is that with Solaris 10 X86,
    you can no longer make a boot floppy, and that GRUB is suppose to
    replace that.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread