Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH - Solaris ; Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?...

  1. Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

  2. Re: Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com writes:

    >Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

    Sure.

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  3. Re: Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

    Hi,
    Download sun install ckeck CD from:-

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/install_check.html

  4. Re: Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    Words to the wise, ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:

    >Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

    Check this:

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/install_check.html

    --
    Claus Dragon
    =(UDIC)=

    - Me, lately.

  5. Re: Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    On 23 Mar 2006 02:37:58 -0800
    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:

    > Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

    I have Solaris 10 01/06 running smoohtly on a PIII-750 with 384MB RAM.
    The BIOS on this machine did not recognise a 120GB hard disk I added,
    but Solaris recognised it without problems.

    # psrinfo -v
    Status of virtual processor 0 as of: 03/25/2006 17:45:30
    on-line since 03/24/2006 17:09:05.
    The i386 processor operates at 750 MHz,
    and has an i387 compatible floating point processor.
    # prtconf
    System Configuration: Sun Microsystems i86pc
    Memory size: 384 Megabytes
    System Peripherals (Software Nodes):

    --
    Stefaan
    --

  6. Re: Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH

    Hi,

    I have recently installed Solaris 10 on the following hardware:
    Intel Pentium II 350 MHZ, 458 MB (during solaris10 install only 192 MB),
    56xCDROM, 8Gb harddisk.
    Boot time from boot-prompt to dt-login 2 minutes
    Login time another minute. I am using Java Desktop running Mozilla and
    Staroffice and e-mail and it is working ok.
    First time applications start, it may take a litle while, but overall the
    system is ok responsive.
    It is an ok typewriter :-)
    My installation experience includes:
    1) I installed using Solaris CDROM. Problem with mount of CDROM 2-4 because
    by default the smservice is not started by svcadm .Fix: Root# svcadm -v
    enable smserver
    2) Network configuration. For some reasons Solaris installer was unable to
    see my ISP's DNS servers.
    Fix: Install with networking=None. After added two "nameserver
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" entries to resolv.conf and moved nsswitch.dns to
    nsswitch.conf
    /Carsten
    skrev i en meddelelse
    news:1143110278.510701.259700@t31g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Can solaris 10 installed on Solaris 10 on PIII .9 MH 256 RAM ?

+ Reply to Thread