Solaris 8 x86 02/02 ACPI problem and USB 2.0 doesn't work. - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 8 x86 02/02 ACPI problem and USB 2.0 doesn't work. - Solaris ; Hello! We install Solaris x86 on Intel server (E7320 chipset). That system have an Intel Xeon processor with hyper-threading technology. But 'psrinfo' show's only one processor (uuhh very fast fast processor =) ). I read some topics about hyper-threading. Possible ...

  1. Solaris 8 x86 02/02 ACPI problem and USB 2.0 doesn't work.

    Hello!
    We install Solaris x86 on Intel server (E7320 chipset).
    That system have an Intel Xeon processor with hyper-threading
    technology.
    But 'psrinfo' show's only one processor (uuhh very fast fast processor
    =) ).
    I read some topics about hyper-threading. Possible reason - not working
    ACPI.
    In BIOS all is on!
    I try various options in BOOTENV.RC but problem is still exist.
    When we try to start knoppix we see two Tuxes (two processors)!
    How to enable acpi?
    And another thing. USB 2.0 doesn't work (work as 1.1) even after
    applying patch 109897-20. But save some minutes while copying large
    files on flash will be good =) Anybody have some experience?
    Thanks,
    Sergey

  2. Re: Solaris 8 x86 02/02 ACPI problem and USB 2.0 doesn't work.

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:43:15 -0800, sereja8 wrote:

    > Hello!
    > We install Solaris x86 on Intel server (E7320 chipset).

    Why do you keep trying to put Sol8 on when Sol10 is available and more
    likely to work ?

    --
    Bruce

    "The internet is a huge and diverse community and
    not every one is friendly"
    http://www.ytc1.co.uk

  3. Re: Solaris 8 x86 02/02 ACPI problem and USB 2.0 doesn't work.

    sereja84@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello!
    > We install Solaris x86 on Intel server (E7320 chipset).
    > That system have an Intel Xeon processor with hyper-threading
    > technology.
    > But 'psrinfo' show's only one processor (uuhh very fast fast processor
    > =) ).
    > I read some topics about hyper-threading. Possible reason - not working
    > ACPI.
    > In BIOS all is on!
    > I try various options in BOOTENV.RC but problem is still exist.
    > When we try to start knoppix we see two Tuxes (two processors)!
    > How to enable acpi?
    > And another thing. USB 2.0 doesn't work (work as 1.1) even after
    > applying patch 109897-20. But save some minutes while copying large
    > files on flash will be good =) Anybody have some experience?
    > Thanks,
    > Sergey

    Sergey,

    I'm not that experienced with Solaris X86, but I'm kind of surprised
    that you were able to get it installed with ACPI enabled in the BIOS.
    All the times I've tried to install Solaris 9 X86 and Solaris 10 X86
    (and on Virtual PC), I've had to disable ACPI, or I couldn't even
    install Solaris.

    So, I'm kind of curious how you did the installation? Did you have to
    do anything special during the installation itself to get it to work
    with ACPI enabled in the BIOS?

    Re. USB2, I have the impression that USB2 support didn't exist in
    Solaris 8. In fact, with Solaris 9 on my SB100, I had to go to the
    latest Solaris 9 version to get USB2 to work.

    As Bruce suggested in his post, is there some reason you can't go to
    Solaris 10?

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread