SVOSUG - "What is Solaris Nevada?", 03/23 7:30pm-10:00pm - Solaris

This is a discussion on SVOSUG - "What is Solaris Nevada?", 03/23 7:30pm-10:00pm - Solaris ; Folks, sorry for the late notice, and I will be sending another notice out on Thursday morning to remind folks of the meeting Thursday night. This month Dan Price will be giving a presentation on "What is Solaris Nevada?". Many ...

  1. SVOSUG - "What is Solaris Nevada?", 03/23 7:30pm-10:00pm

    Folks, sorry for the late notice, and I will be sending another notice
    out on Thursday morning to remind folks of the meeting Thursday night.

    This month Dan Price will be giving a presentation on "What is Solaris
    Nevada?". Many of the community folks know Dan and have met him either
    at the SVOSUG meetings, or the various conferences which Dan has given
    BOFs and other presentations. Dan has been one of the long supporters
    of SVOSUG, and a great represenative for Sun, not to mention his
    ongoing work to Solaris/OpenSolaris. Aside from Dan's support, he has
    a diverse background in Solaris Engineering and has worked on many of
    the components which comprise the kernel and networking components of
    Solaris/OpenSolaris.

    Dan will be talking on features that have gone into Nevada (the next
    version of Solaris, after 10), and what Sun feels we'll be able to get
    into the release between now and the time it ships.

    As most of you know the list to S10 features was rich, but Nevada is
    gaining a nice bundle for itself (thanks to many of the engineers
    working on it).

    We'll be meeting at the same place, upstairs room at the Sun Santa
    Clara Campus in SCA03 (Auditorium).

    When: Thursday, March 23, 2006
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (upstairs)
    What: "What is Solaris Nevada?"
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf

    Hope to see you there!

  2. Re: SVOSUG - "What is Solaris Nevada?", 03/23 7:30pm-10:00pm

    ** REMINDER **

    Tonight is SVOSUG meeting. See you at the user group meeting tonight!