Just a dumb question about plugins - Solaris

This is a discussion on Just a dumb question about plugins - Solaris ; Anyone of you has been able to see shockwave stuff under Solaris 10 (x86) ? I've found the flash plugin for Netscape/Mozilla both on the macromedia's web site and on the mozilla one, but I've noticed the shockwave plugin has ...

  1. Just a dumb question about plugins

    Anyone of you has been able to see shockwave stuff under Solaris 10 (x86) ?
    I've found the flash plugin for Netscape/Mozilla both on the macromedia's
    web site and on the mozilla one, but I've noticed the shockwave plugin has
    been made to work only on windows and macos platforms.

    I've also asked my friend (Google, dear) for any other "unofficial"
    shockwave plugin, but no results.

    So, now I ask you.. You know, I find it very annoying when while you're
    surfing the web you find something you're not able to see..
    The shockwave thing is not very important, but I'd be much more happy if it
    worked

    Any input?

    Thank you all,
    Aura (from Italy, and that's why I've probably made some grammatical
    mistakes )

  2. Re: Just a dumb question about plugins

    A wrote:
    > Anyone of you has been able to see shockwave stuff under Solaris 10 (x86) ?
    > I've found the flash plugin for Netscape/Mozilla both on the macromedia's
    > web site and on the mozilla one, but I've noticed the shockwave plugin has
    > been made to work only on windows and macos platforms.
    > I've also asked my friend (Google, dear) for any other "unofficial"
    > shockwave plugin, but no results.

    My first Google try:
    shockwave solaris
    Pointed me to: www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates

    > So, now I ask you.. You know, I find it very annoying when while you're
    > surfing the web you find something you're not able to see..
    > The shockwave thing is not very important, but I'd be much more happy if it
    > worked

    Actually it seems that Italy is fixated on shockwave web sites
    originating
    from .it . Most unfortunate!

    > Aura (from Italy, and that's why I've probably made some grammatical
    > mistakes )

    No worries. You did rather well - ciao A

  3. Re: Just a dumb question about plugins

    "gerryt@" ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:1142872508.307673.73150@t31g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > My first Google try:
    > shockwave solaris
    > Pointed me to: www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates

    *nods*
    I've already installed it, but it seems it can see flash stuff only.
    I did a shockwave&flash test and while the flash one was successful, the
    shockwave one failed.

    However.. thank you for the reply

    > No worries. You did rather well - ciao A

    Ciao ciao gerry

    Aura

  4. Re: Just a dumb question about plugins

    A wrote:
    > "gerryt@" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:1142872508.307673.73150@t31g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > > My first Google try:
    > > shockwave solaris
    > > Pointed me to: www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates

    > *nods*
    > I've already installed it, but it seems it can see flash stuff only.
    > I did a shockwave&flash test and while the flash one was successful, the
    > shockwave one failed.

    I'll install Solaris 10 on an x86 box to see if I have the same
    problem.

+ Reply to Thread