USB drive naming - Solaris

This is a discussion on USB drive naming - Solaris ; I have an external USB hard drive. When I boot solaris 10 the USB drive is mounted as :- filesystem : /vol/dev/dsk/c3t0d0/unamed_rmdisk:c mounted on: /rmdisk/unamed_rmdisk How do I mount the disk as :- filesystem:- /dev/dsk/c3d0p0:c mounted on : /mnt/usb_drive I ...

  1. USB drive naming

    I have an external USB hard drive.
    When I boot solaris 10 the USB drive is mounted as :-
    filesystem : /vol/dev/dsk/c3t0d0/unamed_rmdisk:c
    mounted on: /rmdisk/unamed_rmdisk

    How do I mount the disk as :-
    filesystem:- /dev/dsk/c3d0p0:c
    mounted on : /mnt/usb_drive

    I have tried adding to the vfstab, that still does not work.

    Thanks

  2. Re: USB drive naming

  3. Re: USB drive naming

    Thanks Tom. Your right, there is no need to mount the disk as
    /dev/dsk/c3d0p0.

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread