Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk? - Solaris ; I have another PC in Europe that was built 2 years ago....with Win2000 installed only... Here in the US, I have a PC thats dual-booting (using System Commander) with Solaris 10 x86....Now, if I use the Norton's bootable floppy called ...

  1. Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk?

    I have another PC in Europe that was built 2 years ago....with Win2000
    installed only...

    Here in the US, I have a PC thats dual-booting (using System Commander)
    with Solaris 10 x86....Now, if I use the Norton's bootable floppy
    called GHOST to clone this hard disk to another fresh hard disk (which
    I have here with me, same size) will it be OK to take it with me and to
    install it on the PC in Europe instead of taking my PC here and deal
    with the power conversion headaches???

    So in other words, will the destination disk be just as like as my
    source hard disk (which is dual booting win2k with solaris)??? And it
    will work the same way on my new PC? Or, will I have problems with
    different hardware and stuff?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk?

    Or, better yet...and this may be a stupid question to ask...

    Is there ANY ANY program that will make my new PC there work just the
    same as mine here? Meaning...that I dont feel like taking my own PC
    there....but I want to run Win2K and Solaris 10 x86 the same way as I
    was here....

    I just dont feel like dealing with power converters and stuff like that
    if I wanted to take my own PC with me...

    Is there anyway I can have or save a image that will do the same thing
    for the other PC?

  3. Re: Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk?

    as400 wrote:
    > I have another PC in Europe that was built 2 years ago....with Win2000
    > installed only...
    >
    > Here in the US, I have a PC thats dual-booting (using System Commander)
    > with Solaris 10 x86....Now, if I use the Norton's bootable floppy
    > called GHOST to clone this hard disk to another fresh hard disk (which
    > I have here with me, same size) will it be OK to take it with me and to
    > install it on the PC in Europe instead of taking my PC here and deal
    > with the power conversion headaches???

    Even $50 ATX supplies have 110/230V switches on them.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  4. Re: Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk?

    Thanks..

    But where can I get and what kind of power plugs should I get to just
    snug it on each cord like the master power cord??

    Do you have links on where to get one of these?

  5. Re: Cloning a Win2K/Solaris 10x86 disk to disk?

    as400 wrote:
    > Thanks..
    >
    > But where can I get and what kind of power plugs should I get to just
    > snug it on each cord like the master power cord??
    >
    > Do you have links on where to get one of these?

    IEC connectors are a universal standard, either buy a universal wall
    socket adaptor or pick up a new cord in Europe.

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread