Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel - Solaris

This is a discussion on Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel - Solaris ; I faced that error while solaris 10 installation and I need an advice . Error 28 : selected item can not fit into memory. Please help me . my PC is 128 Ram Pentium III 0.9 GH. Thanks...

  1. Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel

    I faced that error while solaris 10 installation and I need an advice .

    Error 28 : selected item can not fit into memory.

    Please help me .
    my PC is 128 Ram Pentium III 0.9 GH.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > I faced that error while solaris 10 installation and I need an advice .
    >
    > Error 28 : selected item can not fit into memory.
    >
    > Please help me .
    > my PC is 128 Ram Pentium III 0.9 GH.
    > Thanks

    Put more memory in it.

    Better yet, use it as door stop and get a newer machine with more
    memory. I'd say that 256MB is good and 512MB is better.

  3. Re: Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel

    If you mean RAM HOW much ???

  4. Re: Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > If you mean RAM HOW much ???

    Didn't you say you had 128MB and didn't the person who responded to
    then say you should have 256MB or 512MB? It therefore seems fairly
    easy to conclude that you should add at least 128MB.

    - Logan

  5. Re: Error 28 in Solaris 10/intel

    Hi,

    Even though I agree you should upgrade to the recommended 256 or even 512 MB
    of RAM, I actually managed to install Solaris 10 on a Intel Pentium II 350
    MHZ with 192 MB.

    /Carsten

    "Logan Shaw" skrev i en meddelelse
    > ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    >> If you mean RAM HOW much ???

    > Didn't you say you had 128MB and didn't the person who responded to
    > then say you should have 256MB or 512MB? It therefore seems fairly
    > easy to conclude that you should add at least 128MB.
    >
    > - Logan

+ Reply to Thread