Solaris 9 on intel platform - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 9 on intel platform - Solaris ; I am asking if the language Cd needed a license from Sun or not . I installed 3 CDs only installation and 1,2 Cds. Is this enough to install Sol 9 on Intel ?...

  1. Solaris 9 on intel platform

    I am asking if the language Cd needed a license from Sun or not . I
    installed 3 CDs only installation and 1,2 Cds. Is this enough to
    install Sol 9 on Intel ?

  2. Re: Solaris 9 on intel platform

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am asking if the language Cd needed a license from Sun or not . I
    > installed 3 CDs only installation and 1,2 Cds. Is this enough to
    > install Sol 9 on Intel ?

    Actually, you don't need the installation CD either. Boot from CD #1 and
    then use #2. (At least that is my experience on SPARC, but x86 might be
    different)

    --
    Dave K

    Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).

  3. Re: Solaris 9 on intel platform

    On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:

    > I am asking if the language Cd needed a license from Sun or not . I

    Nope.

    > installed 3 CDs only installation and 1,2 Cds. Is this enough to
    > install Sol 9 on Intel ?

    Yes, but is there a reason why you're ot using SOlaris 10?

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

  4. Re: Solaris 9 on intel platform

    On 2006-03-10, Rich Teer wrote:

    > Yes, but is there a reason why you're ot using SOlaris 10?

    svcadm? ;-)

    Pete Young pete@antipope.dot.org Remove dot. to reply
    "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

  5. Re: Solaris 9 on intel platform

    Rich Teer wrote:
    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>I am asking if the language Cd needed a license from Sun or not . I

    > Nope.
    >

    >>installed 3 CDs only installation and 1,2 Cds. Is this enough to
    >>install Sol 9 on Intel ?

    > Yes, but is there a reason why you're ot using SOlaris 10?

    The SUC, maybe?

    Or possibly the fact that U1 is one big giant regression that wasn't
    even wiped off after it was pooped out?

    Maybe that, in spite of all the wonderful technical advances of
    Solaris 10, the overall Delivered Quality (TM) is getting worse, not
    better?

    Maybe the original poster should go to S10, but he should beg,
    borrow, or steal FCS media and patch absolutely nothing.

    Dave

  6. Re: Solaris 9 on intel platform

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Pete Young wrote:

    > On 2006-03-10, Rich Teer wrote:
    > >
    > > Yes, but is there a reason why you're ot using SOlaris 10?

    > svcadm? ;-)

    svcadm is great once you get used to it. But yeah, it's a bit of
    a change from ye olde rc scripts!

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638