Solaris 10 1/06 Java Desktop hangs - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 1/06 Java Desktop hangs - Solaris ; Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Solaris 10 1/06 using CDs burned from www.sun.com . The box is a Shuttle with an ATI Radeon 7000 video board. When I log in using Java Desktop System, Release 3, the ...

  1. Solaris 10 1/06 Java Desktop hangs

    Hi,

    I've just done a clean installation of Solaris 10 1/06 using CDs burned
    from www.sun.com . The box is a Shuttle with an ATI Radeon 7000 video
    board.

    When I log in using Java Desktop System, Release 3, the box hangs and
    will not respond to mouse or keyboard input. It works fine with either
    CDE or a command line login, and it was fine under Solaris 9.

    Are there any known issues with Java Desktop System that I have failed
    to discover, or patches that need to be installed? Any suggestions
    welcomed.

    Kind regards,

    Pete

    Pete Young pete@antipope.dot.org Remove dot. to reply
    "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

  2. Re: Solaris 10 1/06 Java Desktop hangs

    In article ,
    Pete Young wrote:
    >I've just done a clean installation of Solaris 10 1/06 using CDs burned
    >from www.sun.com . The box is a Shuttle with an ATI Radeon 7000 video
    >board.
    >
    >When I log in using Java Desktop System, Release 3, the box hangs and
    >will not respond to mouse or keyboard input. It works fine with either
    >CDE or a command line login, and it was fine under Solaris 9.
    >
    >Are there any known issues with Java Desktop System that I have failed
    >to discover, or patches that need to be installed? Any suggestions
    >welcomed.

    6339315 Bad compiler induces IBM Bladecenter HS20 resets on entry to GNOME
    with X.org 6.8.2

    Its fixed in 118966-15 or you can disable acceleration with this
    xorg.conf device option:
    Option "RenderAccel" "False"

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  3. Re: Solaris 10 1/06 Java Desktop hangs

    On 2006-03-06, John D Groenveld wrote:

    > Its fixed in 118966-15 or you can disable acceleration with this
    > xorg.conf device option:
    > Option "RenderAccel" "False"

    Many thanks John, that patch seems to have done the trick.

    Kind regards,

    Pete

    Pete Young pete@antipope.dot.org Remove dot. to reply
    "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

+ Reply to Thread