USB hard drive and Live Upgrade - Solaris

This is a discussion on USB hard drive and Live Upgrade - Solaris ; Hi, I have a USB harddrive that is recognised by my laptop (solaris 10). I can mount the drive and write to it. I have one partion on the USB drive. When I run LU and select create alternative partion, ...

  1. USB hard drive and Live Upgrade

    Hi,

    I have a USB harddrive that is recognised by my laptop (solaris 10). I
    can mount the drive and write to it. I have one partion on the USB
    drive.

    When I run LU and select create alternative partion, the USB is not
    show.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks

  2. Re: USB hard drive and Live Upgrade

    mama wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a USB harddrive that is recognised by my laptop (solaris 10). I
    > can mount the drive and write to it. I have one partion on the USB
    > drive.
    >
    > When I run LU and select create alternative partion, the USB is not
    > show.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?

    Live Upgrade doesn't support USB drives, because it's not designed for
    boot environments to be removable or detachable from the system.

    You should be able to run a standard install to it, though.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread