Solaris 10's equivalent of "Windoze's Event Viewer" ??? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10's equivalent of "Windoze's Event Viewer" ??? - Solaris ; Dear Brothers & Sisters, I would like to ask if solaris 10 has the equivalent of windoze's event viewer ??? This means that I can go to this event viewer logging system and check out virtually all system errors, system ...

  1. Solaris 10's equivalent of "Windoze's Event Viewer" ???

    Dear Brothers & Sisters,

    I would like to ask if solaris 10 has the equivalent of windoze's event
    viewer ???

    This means that I can go to this event viewer logging system and check out
    virtually all system errors, system warnings, system messages ???

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Regards

    John Doe

  2. Re: Solaris 10's equivalent of "Windoze's Event Viewer" ???

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:43:30 +0800, John Doe wrote:

    > I would like to ask if solaris 10 has the equivalent of windoze's event
    > viewer ???

    Nothing that crude or uninformative.

    > This means that I can go to this event viewer logging system and check out
    > virtually all system errors, system warnings, system messages ???

    Depends on how you configure /etc/syslog.conf. By default most logging is
    directed to /var/adm/messages.

  3. Re: Solaris 10's equivalent of "Windoze's Event Viewer" ???

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, John Doe wrote:

    > Dear Brothers & Sisters,
    >
    > I would like to ask if solaris 10 has the equivalent of windoze's event
    > viewer ???
    >
    > This means that I can go to this event viewer logging system and check out
    > virtually all system errors, system warnings, system messages ???

    tail -f /var/adm/messages

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638