Solaris Device Configuration Assistant appear everytime - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris Device Configuration Assistant appear everytime - Solaris ; I wonder how can I stop the SDCA to appear everytime when I boot? I wonder if this happen because some of my hardware is not configured properly? TIA...

  1. Solaris Device Configuration Assistant appear everytime

    I wonder how can I stop the SDCA to appear everytime when I boot?

    I wonder if this happen because some of my hardware is not configured
    properly?

    TIA

  2. Re: Solaris Device Configuration Assistant appear everytime

    lazy-t wrote:
    > I wonder how can I stop the SDCA to appear everytime when I boot?

    by upgrading to the latest Solaris release, where the DCA is no more used.

    > I wonder if this happen because some of my hardware is not configured
    > properly?

    possibly.

  3. Re: Solaris Device Configuration Assistant appear everytime

    lazy-t wrote:

    > I wonder how can I stop the SDCA to appear everytime when I boot?
    >
    > I wonder if this happen because some of my hardware is not configured
    > properly?
    >
    > TIA

    Hi,

    If your configuration is working after you go through the configuration
    steps (kdmconfig), you can change the name of the
    /etc/rc2.d/S90kdmconfig to something like /etc/rc2.d/s90kdmconfig:

    cd /etc/rc2.d
    mv S90kdmconfig s90kdmconfig

    I think Solaris will only run the scripts that start with "Sxx" in
    /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc3.d when it starts, so renaming the S90kdmconfig
    to s90kdmconfig (lower case "s") will prevent kdmconfig from being run
    at startup and testing if the hardware has "changed".

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread