USB Problems- Need Urgent Help - Solaris

This is a discussion on USB Problems- Need Urgent Help - Solaris ; Hello - I hope you can help me out here. I am trying to get Solaris 10 x86 to detect or mount my USB 2.0 Flash device. Now, here is what I did so far below which I had COPY/PASTED ...

  1. USB Problems- Need Urgent Help

    Hello - I hope you can help me out here. I am trying to get Solaris 10
    x86 to detect or mount my USB 2.0 Flash device. Now, here is what I did
    so far below which I had COPY/PASTED the details that what I have done
    so far to try and make this thing to work. But no luck. Can someone
    please try and tell me on what this means below when I issued these
    commands below? I cannot seem to have it working, so what would be the
    alternative method next if the below commands did not have it succeed?
    The (# mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c /mnt) should HAD worked but
    gave me this error message below: And also, my USB Devive is formatted
    in FAT file system....So, I dont really know why its giving me "No DOS
    File system." I would appreciate the extra assistance please. Thanks

    mount: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c is not a DOS filesystem.

    # /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
    # rmformat
    Looking for devices...
    1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0p0
    Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@1/sd@0,0
    Connected Device: LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 GNH1
    Device Type: DVD Reader
    2. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0p0
    Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@1/sd@1,0
    Connected Device: _NEC NR-7900A 1.23
    Device Type: CD Reader/Writer
    3. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0
    Physical Node:
    /pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2/storage@2/disk@0,0
    Connected Device: Flash Drive UT_USB20 0.00
    Device Type: Removable
    # ls -l /dev/dsk/*p0 | grep storage
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 66 Dec 26 10:48 /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0
    -> ../../devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2/storage@2/disk@0,0:q
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 66 Dec 26 16:41 /dev/dsk/c3t0d0p0
    -> ../../devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2/storage@1/disk@0,0:q
    # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c /mnt
    mount: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c is not a DOS filesystem.
    # prtconf -pv | grep 000c03
    class-code: 000c0300
    class-code: 000c0300
    # cfgadm -vl
    Ap_Id Receptacle Occupant Condition
    Information
    When Type Busy Phys_Id
    usb0/1 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,2:1
    usb0/2 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,2:2
    usb1/1 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4:1
    usb1/2 connected configured ok
    Mfg: Product: NConfigs: 1 Config: 0 descr>
    unavailable usb-hub n /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4:2
    usb1/2.1 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n
    /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2:2.1
    usb1/2.2 connected configured ok
    Mfg: Product: USB Mass Storage Device NConfigs: 1 Config: 0

    unavailable usb-storage n
    /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2:2.2
    usb1/2.3 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n
    /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2:2.3
    usb1/2.4 empty unconfigured ok
    unavailable unknown n
    /devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,5054@1f,4/hub@2:2.4
    # Feb 12 13:54:08 unknown last message repeated 1 time

  2. Re: USB Problems- Need Urgent Help

    I AM rudely being ignored here....Can someone help me please???

  3. Re: USB Problems- Need Urgent Help

    Answers will come...be patient. It sometimes takes days. Maybe never if
    no one knows your answer. Try these instructions:
    http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/lov...sb_flash_drive

    On

    2006-02-14 10:32:38 -0500, "as400" said:

    > I AM rudely being ignored here....Can someone help me please???

  4. Re: USB Problems- Need Urgent Help

    "as400" writes:

    > # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c /mnt
    > mount: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p0:c is not a DOS filesystem.

    Are you sure there is a FAT filesystem on that device?

    Is there a FDISK partition table present on that device?
    Dump it with the command:

    fdisk -W - /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0

    What output is produced?

    If there is a FDISK partition table, try the "fstyp" command
    with all of the p1 .. p4 partitions:

    fstyp /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p1
    fstyp /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p2
    fstyp /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p3
    fstyp /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p4

    Is one of the four primary FDISK partitions identified to contain a
    "pcfs" filesystem? Do you get any errors with these fstyp commands?

  5. Re: USB Problems- Need Urgent Help

    as400 wrote:
    > I AM rudely being ignored here....Can someone help me please???

    So you post a question on a newsgroup, don't get an answer for 14 hours,
    so you feel the need to tell us you rudely being ignored.

    I think you are the person who is being rude.

    If you need a 4 hour response, I expect Sun will provide it should you
    pay for the service contract, although I would feel sorry for any Sun
    employee that might have the misfortune to work with you.

    --
    Dave K