mounting usb flash drive on solaris 8 - Solaris

This is a discussion on mounting usb flash drive on solaris 8 - Solaris ; I plugged my litte jump drive into my solaris box but it does mount..is there a trick to this?...

  1. mounting usb flash drive on solaris 8

    I plugged my litte jump drive into my solaris box but it does mount..is
    there a trick to this?

  2. Re: mounting usb flash drive on solaris 8

    In article <2006021222084116807%zizban@maccom>,
    Chris Turkel wrote:
    >I plugged my litte jump drive into my solaris box but it does mount..is
    >there a trick to this?

    Solaris 8 only had limited support for USB.
    The output of prtpci for the USB contoller would be helpful.

    Also you may need some USB related patches, you can fetch them
    with Martin Paul's PCA.

    Also see Sun's USB FAQ.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org