Problem with 2 active keyboard layouts, Xorg on snv_30 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problem with 2 active keyboard layouts, Xorg on snv_30 - Solaris ; Any help is greatly appreciated (I'm already sick of trying to understand what's going on here), thanks a lot in advance! I have a problem with the standard for Xorg way of using multiple keyboard layouts: Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Keyboard0" ...

  1. Problem with 2 active keyboard layouts, Xorg on snv_30

    Any help is greatly appreciated (I'm already sick of trying to
    understand what's going on here), thanks a lot in advance!

    I have a problem with the standard for Xorg way of using multiple
    keyboard layouts:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru"
    Option "XkbOptions" "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:caps"
    EndSection

    Without Option's, everything's OK, US keyboard works, of course. Adding
    the two Option's leads to keys shifted one position to the left, i.e.
    pressing 'y' yields 't', pressing 'g' yields 'f', etc. This happens
    right away on the login screen, so it's not something specific to a
    particular desktop environment, CDE or JDS.

    This is snv_30 on Thinkpad X24.

    $ locale
    LANG=C
    LC_CTYPE=C
    LC_NUMERIC="C"
    LC_TIME="C"
    LC_COLLATE="C"
    LC_MONETARY="C"
    LC_MESSAGES="C"
    LC_ALL=C

    $ kbd -t
    USB keyboard

    $ eeprom kbd-type
    kbd-type=US-English(104-Key)

    Without InputDevice Option's, the Xorg log looks like this:

    $ egrep -i 'keyb|xkb' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
    (II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
    (**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
    (**) Keyboard0: Core Keyboard
    (II) Keyboard0: Opened device "/dev/kbd"
    (--) Keyboard0: Keyboard type: USB (6)
    (--) Keyboard0: Keyboard layout: 33
    (--) XKB: model: "sun_type6_usb"
    (--) XKB: layout: "us"
    (--) Keyboard0: XkbModel = sun_type6_usb
    (--) Keyboard0: XkbLayout = us
    (**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
    (**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "xorg"
    (**) Option "XkbModel" "sun_type6_usb"
    (**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "sun_type6_usb"
    (**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    (**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "us"
    (**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)

    --
    /ynp

  2. Re: Problem with 2 active keyboard layouts, Xorg on snv_30

    Hey,

    log in without X, start kdmconfig and change the XServer to Xsun.
    This is all.

    Klaus Grote
    DNS GmbH

+ Reply to Thread