Share/automount problems on solaris 10 901/06) - Solaris

This is a discussion on Share/automount problems on solaris 10 901/06) - Solaris ; I have five Solaris 10 (01/06) systems in an environment of predominantly solaris 9 systems. There is one system on solaris 10 (03/05). None of the systems (solaris 10 01/06 nor solaris 9) can autmount a file system from the ...

  1. Share/automount problems on solaris 10 901/06)

    I have five Solaris 10 (01/06) systems in an environment of
    predominantly solaris 9 systems. There is one system on solaris 10
    (03/05).

    None of the systems (solaris 10 01/06 nor solaris 9) can autmount a
    file system from the solaris 10 01/06 system.

    Shares defined in /etc/dfs/dfstab are not allways shown as shared when
    executing the share command. Sometimes all are shown, sometimes a
    single entry is shown and other times none are shown.

    When a file system is shown as shared it can be mounted manually but
    automounting from another system NEVER works, even when the filesystem
    appears to be shared.

    Any ideas? I've configured this setup on solaris 2.5, 2.6, 7, 8 and 9
    without ever having a problem. The one system that is solaris 10
    (03/05) also works fine.

    Thanks in advance.

    Carl

  2. Re: Share/automount problems on solaris 10 901/06)

    Carl wrote:
    > I have five Solaris 10 (01/06) systems in an environment of
    > predominantly solaris 9 systems. There is one system on solaris 10
    > (03/05).
    >
    > None of the systems (solaris 10 01/06 nor solaris 9) can autmount a
    > file system from the solaris 10 01/06 system.
    >
    > Shares defined in /etc/dfs/dfstab are not allways shown as shared when
    > executing the share command. Sometimes all are shown, sometimes a
    > single entry is shown and other times none are shown.
    >
    > When a file system is shown as shared it can be mounted manually but
    > automounting from another system NEVER works, even when the filesystem
    > appears to be shared.
    >
    > Any ideas? I've configured this setup on solaris 2.5, 2.6, 7, 8 and 9
    > without ever having a problem. The one system that is solaris 10
    > (03/05) also works fine.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Carl

    Have you set your domainname in /etc/default/nfs on the nfs server? You
    might want to read nfsmapid(1M) concerning this.

    I had this issue, too. Look into your syslog. You will see that the
    requests are denied by the server, because it resolves the names of the
    clients to the FQDN, but the shares are given without the domainname.

    HTH,
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread