Keyboard - Solaris

This is a discussion on Keyboard - Solaris ; Hi , I installed Solaris 10 in a VMWare env. in french. It seems to be Ok. Except my keyboard. I have a french keyboard which is in AZERTY mode , but my solaris is in english mode (QWERTY). Where ...

  1. Keyboard

    Hi ,

    I installed Solaris 10 in a VMWare env. in french. It seems to be Ok. Except
    my keyboard. I have a french keyboard which is in AZERTY mode , but my
    solaris is in english mode (QWERTY). Where can i configure my keyboard
    properties to set it in french mode.

    During the installation, I specified all parameters in French and so all my
    environement is in French but not the keyboard : very strench.

    I need your help , thank you.

    Houmi

  2. Re: Keyboard

    "houman" writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |I installed Solaris 10 in a VMWare env. in french. It seems to be Ok. Except
    |my keyboard. I have a french keyboard which is in AZERTY mode , but my
    |solaris is in english mode (QWERTY). Where can i configure my keyboard
    |properties to set it in french mode.

    kdmconfig. (If you're using Xorg, switch to Xsun temporarily, change
    keyboard, save settings, then run kdmconfig again and switch back to
    Xorg.)

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/

  3. Re: Keyboard

    thanks Alan, I have my french keyboard now with Xsun. But I can no more
    switch to Xorg. When i run kdmconfig, it breaks off and i have to stop it
    with the "kill" command. I have also an error notification at boot time. But
    It's not very important, I can boot and work for the moment, Thank You.
    --
    Houman SALIMI
    121 rue Manin
    "Alan Coopersmith" a écrit dans le message de
    news: dsje62$le8$2@agate.berkeley.edu...
    > "houman" writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    > |I installed Solaris 10 in a VMWare env. in french. It seems to be Ok.
    > Except
    > |my keyboard. I have a french keyboard which is in AZERTY mode , but my
    > |solaris is in english mode (QWERTY). Where can i configure my keyboard
    > |properties to set it in french mode.
    >
    > kdmconfig. (If you're using Xorg, switch to Xsun temporarily, change
    > keyboard, save settings, then run kdmconfig again and switch back to
    > Xorg.)
    >
    > --
    > Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    > http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/
    > http://del.icio.us/alanc/ * http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~alanc/
    > Working for, but definitely not speaking for, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread