md5 of install CDs - Solaris

This is a discussion on md5 of install CDs - Solaris ; Hello ng, I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs. I'd like to check their integrity. Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against? Thank you....

  1. md5 of install CDs

    Hello ng,
    I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    I'd like to check their integrity.
    Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    Thank you.

  2. Re: md5 of install CDs

    Tawno wrote:

    > Hello ng,
    > I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    > I'd like to check their integrity.
    > Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    > Thank you.

    Hi,

    I don't have my Solaris X86 system up right now, but did you try "man
    md5"?

    If you're looking for a DOS/Windows utility, there's an "md5sum.exe"
    that you can Google for.

    Jim

  3. Re: md5 of install CDs

    On 9/2/06 12:05, in article 43EB3027.41C19DD0@cox.net, "ohaya"
    wrote:

    > Tawno wrote:
    >>
    >> Hello ng,
    >> I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    >> I'd like to check their integrity.
    >> Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    >> Thank you.

    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't have my Solaris X86 system up right now, but did you try "man
    > md5"?
    >
    > If you're looking for a DOS/Windows utility, there's an "md5sum.exe"
    > that you can Google for.

    I think he wants to know what the correct MD5 hashes of the ISOs are, rather
    than how to calculate them :-)

    I could have sworn Sun's download page for the ISOs listed the MD5 hashes,
    or maybe the accompanying README listed them.

    As someone else noted earlier, another neat trick is to try googling
    (groups) for the actual md5 hash and filename, to see if anyone's posted
    something similar.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  4. Re: md5 of install CDs

    Chris Ridd wrote:

    > On 9/2/06 12:05, in article 43EB3027.41C19DD0@cox.net, "ohaya"
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Tawno wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hello ng,
    >>> I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    >>> I'd like to check their integrity.
    >>> Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    >>> Thank you.

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I don't have my Solaris X86 system up right now, but did you try "man
    >> md5"?
    >>
    >> If you're looking for a DOS/Windows utility, there's an "md5sum.exe"
    >> that you can Google for.

    > I think he wants to know what the correct MD5 hashes of the ISOs are,
    > rather than how to calculate them :-)
    >
    > I could have sworn Sun's download page for the ISOs listed the MD5 hashes,
    > or maybe the accompanying README listed them.
    >
    > As someone else noted earlier, another neat trick is to try googling
    > (groups) for the actual md5 hash and filename, to see if anyone's posted
    > something similar.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks.
    Anyway at least it installed +/- properly.

  5. Re: md5 of install CDs

    Tawno wrote:
    > Hello ng,
    > I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    > I'd like to check their integrity.
    > Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    > Thank you.

    I thought I'd answered this somewhere else, but perhaps it was for
    SPARC. Or did you make multiple postings, but not cross-post?

    Here they are for Solaris 10 update 1 x86, as on my system. If yours
    agree with these, then I suspect they are right. If there are
    differences, there is no reason to believe I am any more right than you,
    since I have no verification.

    425C9060886A68B5CB37532583E9BC96 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v1-iso.zip
    8D4937966B6EA7ADB68196FD9321ED73 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v2-iso.zip
    1FDEC3C7226714E0F3B73C92213AE567 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v3-iso.zip
    457C04A92467D0412A22FB3F76653BE7 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v4-iso.zip

    --
    Dave K

  6. Re: md5 of install CDs

    Dave (from the UK) wrote:

    > Tawno wrote:
    >> Hello ng,
    >> I've downloaded and burned the iso images of the Solaris install CDs.
    >> I'd like to check their integrity.
    >> Is there somewhere a md5 or other checksum to check against?
    >> Thank you.

    > I thought I'd answered this somewhere else, but perhaps it was for
    > SPARC. Or did you make multiple postings, but not cross-post?

    Wasn't me.

    > Here they are for Solaris 10 update 1 x86, as on my system. If yours
    > agree with these, then I suspect they are right. If there are
    > differences, there is no reason to believe I am any more right than you,
    > since I have no verification.
    >
    > 425C9060886A68B5CB37532583E9BC96 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v1-iso.zip
    > 8D4937966B6EA7ADB68196FD9321ED73 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v2-iso.zip
    > 1FDEC3C7226714E0F3B73C92213AE567 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v3-iso.zip
    > 457C04A92467D0412A22FB3F76653BE7 sol-10-u1-ga-x86-v4-iso.zip

    Perfect match with my download. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread