Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org - Solaris

This is a discussion on Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org - Solaris ; Hi, Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org. You can get them here. ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/ Please read the readme file before you use it. Regards, Leon Sha...

  1. Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    Hi,

    Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org.
    You can get them here.

    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/

    Please read the readme file before you use it.

    Regards,
    Leon Sha

  2. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    leon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org.
    > You can get them here.
    >
    > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/
    >
    > Please read the readme file before you use it.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Leon Sha

    thanks - great to have it as a package.

    But the package does not seem to be 100% consistent with the companion
    cd. When I do a pkgadd, I get the following warning:

    The following files are already installed on the system and are being
    used by another package:
    /opt/sfw
    /opt/sfw/bin
    /opt/sfw/lib

    Do you want to install these conflicting files [y,n,?,q]

    TIA,
    Tom

  3. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > leon wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org.
    >> You can get them here.
    >>
    >> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/
    >>
    >> Please read the readme file before you use it.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Leon Sha
    >>

    > thanks - great to have it as a package.
    >
    > But the package does not seem to be 100% consistent with the companion
    > cd. When I do a pkgadd, I get the following warning:
    >
    > The following files are already installed on the system and are being
    > used by another package:
    > /opt/sfw
    > /opt/sfw/bin
    > /opt/sfw/lib
    >
    > Do you want to install these conflicting files [y,n,?,q]
    >
    > TIA,
    > Tom

    One more thing:
    Is there any particular reason, why the
    /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop
    file is only documented in the README, but missing in the package?

    Tom

  4. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    On 6 Feb 2006 01:50:58 -0800, leon wrote:

    > Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org.
    > You can get them here.

    > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/

    Is it available via pkg-get?

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]I'm just here for moral support. Ignore the gun.

  5. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    No, the build is contributed by Sun Beijing team, not a blastwave.org
    package, so you won't get it via pkg-get

    HTH,
    Ivan.

  6. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    leon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Firefox 1.5.0.1 for solaris available on mozilla.org.
    > You can get them here.
    >
    > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...5.0.1/contrib/
    >
    > Please read the readme file before you use it.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Leon Sha

    What woud be the procedure to Localize the English build to
    Swedish ?

    i tried the commandline option:

    $ firefox -UILocale sv-SE

    but notihing much happened. Is there files with locliezed
    messages
    Available that I can integrate in the source and recompile it ?

    //Lars

+ Reply to Thread