NVU for Solaris ??? - Solaris

This is a discussion on NVU for Solaris ??? - Solaris ; Anyone who managed to build NVU ( http://www.nvu.com/ ) for Solaris x86 yet?...

  1. NVU for Solaris ???

    Anyone who managed to build NVU (http://www.nvu.com/) for Solaris x86
    yet?

  2. Re: NVU for Solaris ???

    > Anyone who managed to build NVU (http://www.nvu.com/) for Solaris x86
    > yet?

    I've been trying to compile it for S10/SPARC the last few days.
    There are problems with compiler flags no matter whether I
    use the Sun Studio 10 compilers or gcc/g++. The distribution
    needs a carefully tuned mozilla/composer/config/mozconfig.solaris
    file to make this installation possible in any practical sense.
    And it may be that there are assumptions elsewhere in the
    build files that don't tease apart compiler dependencies well.
    (As a simple example, if the initial configure finds c++ before it
    finds g++, it will use c++; but when it checks to see if that is
    a GNU compiler, it decides yes, it is. So subsequent flag
    determinations are likely to be wrong.)

    I'm driven to try Nvu because I've run into some limitations with
    the Mozilla composer. Since Nvu is a fork of that composer,
    it may not do the trick for me anyway, but I thought it might
    be worth a shot. (Amaya is another possibility, but it too has
    build problems on this platform.)

+ Reply to Thread