solaris 10 multiboot configuration? - Solaris

This is a discussion on solaris 10 multiboot configuration? - Solaris ; Hello, Could You help me with identifying the boot loader .conf file or a tool that is able to change the default system. I have Windows and Solaris 10 on my laptop and would like Windows to be the default ...

  1. solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    Hello,

    Could You help me with identifying the boot loader .conf file or a tool
    that is able to change the default system. I have Windows and Solaris 10
    on my laptop and would like Windows to be the default one.
    I have tried to find in /boot/solaris but it seems to me there is no file
    like a lilo.conf or grub.conf.
    Do I need any special tool to change it.

    Thank You for any suggestion.

    Darek

  2. Re: solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:31:35 +0100, derek123 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Could You help me with identifying the boot loader .conf file or a tool
    > that is able to change the default system. I have Windows and Solaris 10
    > on my laptop and would like Windows to be the default one.
    > I have tried to find in /boot/solaris but it seems to me there is no file
    > like a lilo.conf or grub.conf.

    /boot/grub/menu.lst

    > Do I need any special tool to change it.

    vi
    :-)

    --
    Bruce

    "The internet is a huge and diverse community and
    not every one is friendly"
    http://www.ytc1.co.uk

  3. Re: solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:04:23 +0100, Bruce Porter
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:31:35 +0100, derek123 wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Could You help me with identifying the boot loader .conf file or a tool
    >> that is able to change the default system. I have Windows and Solaris 10
    >> on my laptop and would like Windows to be the default one.
    >> I have tried to find in /boot/solaris but it seems to me there is no
    >> file
    >> like a lilo.conf or grub.conf.

    > /boot/grub/menu.lst

    I have standard solaris boot loader not Grub.

  4. Re: solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    > I have standard solaris boot loader not Grub.

    Nope, as grub is the standard (as from now on). You better switch to
    it...

  5. Re: solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    In article ,
    derek123 wrote:
    >I have standard solaris boot loader not Grub.

    I believe if you use Martin Paul's PCA to fetch the latest
    recommended and security patches, you'll get Project Newboot (GRUB)

    Before doing so, read the GRUB Big Admin article by Shudong Zhou
    and Jan Setje-Eiler as well as Don Grantham and company's
    SunAlert 102087.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  6. Re: solaris 10 multiboot configuration?

    You might also want to look at
    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features...ot_laptop.html
    This article goes thru some of the steps for creating a multiboot
    environment on a laptop, Windows/XP, Linux, and Solaris 10.

    I've been doing this myself, and I'll be adding to the frey with
    my own writeup. I'm running an Acer Ferrari 4000.

    See http://blogs.sun.com/rchrd/

    John D Groenveld wrote:
    > In article ,
    > derek123 wrote:
    >> I have standard solaris boot loader not Grub.

    > I believe if you use Martin Paul's PCA to fetch the latest
    > recommended and security patches, you'll get Project Newboot (GRUB)
    >

    > Before doing so, read the GRUB Big Admin article by Shudong Zhou
    > and Jan Setje-Eiler as well as Don Grantham and company's
    > SunAlert 102087.
    >

    > John
    > groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread