Creatomg mountable DVD with large file? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Creatomg mountable DVD with large file? - Solaris ; Hi, I've been trying to create/burn a DVD that can be mounted on Solaris, where the DVD has a single, large (~3.5GB) file. The file is a FLAR image. I've been trying to use mkisofs to build an ISO and ...

  1. Creatomg mountable DVD with large file?

    Hi,

    I've been trying to create/burn a DVD that can be mounted on Solaris,
    where the DVD has a single, large (~3.5GB) file. The file is a FLAR
    image.

    I've been trying to use mkisofs to build an ISO and then burning the ISO
    to a DVD.

    I'm using the cdrtools-latest-dvdpatch from:

    http://smithii.com/?q=node/view/9

    So far, I've come really close to getting this working, but I am having
    a problem because the file from the burned DVD seems to always differ
    from the original file by 1 byte.

    I'm doing the following to build the ISO:

    - mkisofs -o dvd1.iso -R -J -V mytitle \myisodirectory

    I've tried burning the ISO using both cdrecord and Nero on Windows.
    After burning the DVD, I do a file compare (fc) of the original .FLAR
    file against the .FLAR on the DVD. I did this several times, but the
    file compare always seems to find one byte that is different on the DVD
    vs. the original file, even when I include a verify when I burn with
    Nero. The byte seems to different from each try (i.e., it's not the
    same location or the same difference).

    I'm wondering if the mkisofs could be might be changing one byte in the
    output .ISO file? Has anyone else tried this with such a large file?

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: Creatomg mountable DVD with large file?

    Hi,

    I just noticed that I posted this into the x86 NG by mistake. I really
    meant to post in comp.unix.solaris, so I'm going to do a post there.
    Sorry, I really didn't intend to cross-post ...

    Jim

    ohaya wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to create/burn a DVD that can be mounted on Solaris,
    > where the DVD has a single, large (~3.5GB) file. The file is a FLAR
    > image.
    >
    > I've been trying to use mkisofs to build an ISO and then burning the ISO
    > to a DVD.
    >
    > I'm using the cdrtools-latest-dvdpatch from:
    >
    > http://smithii.com/?q=node/view/9
    >
    > So far, I've come really close to getting this working, but I am having
    > a problem because the file from the burned DVD seems to always differ
    > from the original file by 1 byte.
    >
    > I'm doing the following to build the ISO:
    >
    > - mkisofs -o dvd1.iso -R -J -V mytitle \myisodirectory
    >
    > I've tried burning the ISO using both cdrecord and Nero on Windows.
    > After burning the DVD, I do a file compare (fc) of the original .FLAR
    > file against the .FLAR on the DVD. I did this several times, but the
    > file compare always seems to find one byte that is different on the DVD
    > vs. the original file, even when I include a verify when I burn with
    > Nero. The byte seems to different from each try (i.e., it's not the
    > same location or the same difference).
    >
    > I'm wondering if the mkisofs could be might be changing one byte in the
    > output .ISO file? Has anyone else tried this with such a large file?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread