where to get x86 drivers? - Solaris

This is a discussion on where to get x86 drivers? - Solaris ; I'm running Solaris 10 (x86) and need to find drivers for (assumed unsupported) hardware. Does anyone know if more drivers are available for hardware that's not in the HCL? -Steve in Phx....

  1. where to get x86 drivers?

    I'm running Solaris 10 (x86) and need to find drivers for (assumed
    unsupported) hardware. Does anyone know if more drivers are available
    for hardware that's not in the HCL?
    -Steve in Phx.

  2. Re: where to get x86 drivers?

    two_wheeled@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I'm running Solaris 10 (x86) and need to find drivers for (assumed
    > unsupported) hardware. Does anyone know if more drivers are available
    > for hardware that's not in the HCL?
    > -Steve in Phx.

    What hardware?

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: where to get x86 drivers?

    Miscellaneous. I have a load of hardware available that isn't on the
    HCL, but I was hoping there might be unsupported drivers out there
    somewhere. I'm talking about network, sound, video, etc. It would be
    really cool to find drivers for some of the built-in sound and network
    my Abit motherboard has, but no such luck.
    -Steve.

  4. Re: where to get x86 drivers?

    two_wheeled@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Miscellaneous. I have a load of hardware available that isn't on the
    > HCL, but I was hoping there might be unsupported drivers out there
    > somewhere. I'm talking about network, sound, video, etc. It would be
    > really cool to find drivers for some of the built-in sound and network
    > my Abit motherboard has, but no such luck.
    > -Steve.

    start here:
    http://solaris-x86.org/software/drivers/

    Additionally, you might want to look on opensolaris.org and look into
    the discussion groups.

    HTH,
    Tom

  5. Re: where to get x86 drivers?

    That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
    -Steve.

+ Reply to Thread