Dave -> Dave (from the UK). - Solaris

This is a discussion on Dave -> Dave (from the UK). - Solaris ; In case others have not noticed, there is myself (Dave) and another Dave (dacooley@gmail.com) both posting to the Sun related newsgroups, often in the same thread. Hence I have changed my name to "Dave (from the UK)". -- Dave K ...

  1. Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    --
    Dave K

  2. Re: Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    Dave (from the UK) wrote:

    > In case others have not noticed, there is myself (Dave) and another Dave
    > (dacooley@gmail.com) both posting to the Sun related newsgroups, often
    > in the same thread.
    >
    > Hence I have changed my name to "Dave (from the UK)".

    Oh. I just thought that being unemployed meant that you could no longer
    afford the required dosage and the old schizophrenia was acting up
    again!!!!! :-)

    Cheers,
    Gary B-)

    whether you were up them with or not
    - Barry Humphries

  3. Re: Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    "Dave (from the UK)" wrote:

    > In case others have not noticed, there is myself (Dave) and another Dave
    > (dacooley@gmail.com) both posting to the Sun related newsgroups, often
    > in the same thread.
    >
    > Hence I have changed my name to "Dave (from the UK)".
    > --
    > Dave K

    Hi,

    I noticed that when both of you "Dave"s were responding in one of my
    threads recently . At first, I couldn't figure out why "you" were
    posting two different responses at-a-time .

    Jim

  4. Re: Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    ohaya wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I noticed that when both of you "Dave"s were responding in one of my
    > threads recently . At first, I couldn't figure out why "you" were
    > posting two different responses at-a-time .
    >
    > Jim

    Well I was getting confused too and I doubt you were the only other
    person reading the newsgroups to be confused as well.

    I would look at something in a thread that was under my name, but which
    I did not write. Then, I see it was someone else. Other times I'd sort
    the messages by name and could not see what I'd written too easily.

    I thought it would perhaps confuse others too, with one of us being
    attributed as writing someone we did not, so changing the "name" seemed
    sensible.

    --
    Dave K

  5. Re: Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
    > Dave (from the UK) wrote:
    >
    >> In case others have not noticed, there is myself (Dave) and another
    >> Dave (dacooley@gmail.com) both posting to the Sun related newsgroups,
    >> often in the same thread.
    >>
    >> Hence I have changed my name to "Dave (from the UK)".

    > Oh. I just thought that being unemployed meant that you could no longer
    > afford the required dosage and the old schizophrenia was acting up
    > again!!!!! :-)

    There is that as well.

    --
    Dave K

  6. Re: Dave -> Dave (from the UK).

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Dave (from the UK) wrote:

    > Well I was getting confused too and I doubt you were the only other person
    > reading the newsgroups to be confused as well.
    >
    > I would look at something in a thread that was under my name, but which I did
    > not write. Then, I see it was someone else. Other times I'd sort the messages
    > by name and could not see what I'd written too easily.

    At the risk of asking a dumb question, why not just set the name field to
    your real name? I don't think there's many privacy/spam issues because of
    the way you rotate your email address (good idea, BTW!), and there can't
    be many Dave $YOUR_LAST_NAMEs posting to Solaris newsgroups.

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

+ Reply to Thread