grub and Solaris 10 U1 - Solaris

This is a discussion on grub and Solaris 10 U1 - Solaris ; I've setup jumpstart for Solaris 10U1 but I'm having problems with getting the console to be both the monitor and the serial port. This used to work fine with Solaris 10 and also works with Linux by setting console=tty0 console=ttyS0. ...

  1. grub and Solaris 10 U1

    I've setup jumpstart for Solaris 10U1 but I'm having problems with
    getting the console to be both the monitor and the serial port. This
    used to work fine with Solaris 10 and also works with Linux by setting
    console=tty0 console=ttyS0.

    However, for Solaris console=tty0,console=ttya does not do the trick.

    Is this not possible with Solaris? If so any ideas?

    I tried many combinations of eeprom output-device, input-device and
    console etc.

  2. Re: grub and Solaris 10 U1

    eeprom console=ttya should work on Sparc machine..

    On X86 machine, you can edit the /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc and add the
    following line.
    setprop console 'ttya'

    Please verify the configuration of COM1 also.

    If still not work, try the following commands
    eeprom input-device=ttya
    eeprom output-device=ttya

+ Reply to Thread