Solaris 10 installation - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 installation - Solaris ; I am installing Solaris 10 on a brand new System but it installs but fails to Boot up...

  1. Solaris 10 installation

    I am installing Solaris 10 on a brand new System but it installs but fails
    to Boot up

  2. Re: Solaris 10 installation

    jub wrote:
    > I am installing Solaris 10 on a brand new System but it installs but fails
    > to Boot up

    how does it fail? what does it say?

  3. Re: Solaris 10 installation

    jub wrote:
    > I am installing Solaris 10 on a brand new System but it installs but fails
    > to Boot up

    You don't believe in overloading people with information do you! With
    that amount of information, nobody has any chance of helping you.

    --
    Dave K

  4. Re: Solaris 10 installation

    The same thing happen to me when I did the first install...Upon
    restarting after installation was completed it gave me a Cannot Resolve
    Host error and it got stuck on the gray looking screen...

    Then I attempted to reinstall, and then it worked...It took me right to
    the CDE desktop after the second attempt...Strange..

  5. Re: Solaris 10 installation

    Hello

    my name is Mario Lohajner, i used Solaris as a user on mainframe computer
    but never realy thought about installing it on my machine,
    i had a drive to spare a lot of enthusiasm and curiosity:
    Solaris 10 x86 install from DVD

    Here's what happened:
    Instalation went trough ok, i choose XF86Vesa driver since that was
    displaying correctly on my ATI X800 card
    i installed Software Companion CD as well with no problems (note: setup
    runs under Xserver -all graphics were displayed correctly)

    then after reboot (when companion was done) i suspect it should lounch
    OpenWindows or something, but
    when it should display login console (graphics) my monitor -in fact all
    monitors i tried goes out of sync.

    Here's what i tried:
    i booted solaris from DVD, exited install and was in the file system of my
    drive,
    i run kdmconfig and set the graphics (again) and saved settings, rebooted
    -Nothing (same thing as before)
    checked OWconfig -it is again back to default values,
    XSun.0.log says it didn't found alternative and is using default OWconfig.

    Again i get no display (out of sync) on login console.
    this is very frustrating, mainly because install (Xserver) works fine with
    graphics settings i choosed during install.
    -does anyone have a clue ?

    thanks,
    manjo

    P.S.
    i have a fair Unix knowlege (using vi and things like that are not a
    problem -no administrative insight though)
    i can manage to locate, execute or modify any file in the system...

+ Reply to Thread