Setting the Clock to UTC time? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Setting the Clock to UTC time? - Solaris ; Hello there - How can I set my time to UTC time on the original clock that sits in front of the CDE panel?? Thanks... I want to set my clock to UTC time as Im planning to setup a ...

  1. Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    Hello there -

    How can I set my time to UTC time on the original clock that sits in
    front of the CDE panel?? Thanks...

    I want to set my clock to UTC time as Im planning to setup a server.

  2. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    /etc/TIMEZONE
    or environment TZ in the users individual profile

    In article <1136612608.928084.124470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    as400 wrote:
    >Hello there -
    >
    >How can I set my time to UTC time on the original clock that sits in
    >front of the CDE panel?? Thanks...
    >
    >I want to set my clock to UTC time as Im planning to setup a server.

  3. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:00:11 +0000 (UTC), hans m43 wrote:
    > In article <1136612608.928084.124470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    > as400 wrote:
    >>Hello there -
    >>
    >>How can I set my time to UTC time on the original clock that sits in
    >>front of the CDE panel?? Thanks...

    > /etc/TIMEZONE
    > or environment TZ in the users individual profile

    If you want the clock to be set to GMT then put

    zone_info=GMT
    zone_lag=0

    and then set TZ appropriately.

    (the default on Solaris x86 is to follow the way that Windoze does it,
    which is to set the clock to the local TZ).

    A bientot
    Paul
    --
    Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
    Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

  4. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    I did the command and nothing happens..Please try to explain more in
    detailed please. I need to syncronize my applications using the UTC.

    $ /etc/TIMEZONE
    $

  5. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    Can youplease try and explain more in detail please?

    I tried this command and nothing happens..Why????

    $/etc/TIMEZONE
    $

  6. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    Can you explain this more in detail please?? I entered that command but
    came up with nothing..Please explain..

  7. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    How would I do that?? How and where is TZ locted at? I tried
    etc/timezone and its not there..

  8. Ignore the troll - Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    as400 wrote:
    > How would I do that?? How and where is TZ locted at? I tried
    > etc/timezone and its not there..

    $ su
    # rm -fr /dev/kdb
    # ln /dev/null /dev/kdb

    might be wise. For an explanation, see

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...868f8b65897d01

    --
    Dave K

  9. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    as400 wrote:
    > I did the command and nothing happens..Please try to explain more in
    > detailed please. I need to syncronize my applications using the UTC.
    >
    > $ /etc/TIMEZONE
    > $

    Who said it's a command?
    There are no commands under /etc but configuration files.
    Edit it, put your favorite TZ and reboot.
    PM

  10. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    THIS IS 100 PERCENT DISCRIMINATION.....

    Just be VERY careful who your messing with buddy...!!!

  11. Re: Setting the Clock to UTC time?

    In message <1136846293.224450.287120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, "as400"
    wrote:

    > THIS IS 100 PERCENT DISCRIMINATION.....
    >
    > Just be VERY careful who your messing with buddy...!!!

    Against what?

    --
    Posted with Ink Spot (for the Newton) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
    Usenet wherever you are - http://www.martnet.com/~dejavu/

+ Reply to Thread