rsh trouble - Solaris

This is a discussion on rsh trouble - Solaris ; Hello guys, Under Solaris 10x86 (called serv86), with a running rsh server. On this machine, I have two accounts (let's say user1 and user2) On user1's $HOME I have add .rhosts file with + inside. Now when I'm logging on ...

  1. rsh trouble

    Hello guys,

    Under Solaris 10x86 (called serv86), with a running rsh server.

    On this machine, I have two accounts (let's say user1 and user2)

    On user1's $HOME I have add .rhosts file with + inside.
    Now when I'm logging on this same account, a simple "rsh -l user1
    serv86 'ls'" works perfectly

    But now, If I'm running under user2 account and try again "rsh -l user1
    serv86 'ls'"
    I get "permission denied"

    Same thing if I use rsh from another PC (windows XP or another Unix)
    with same command

    Coud you tell me where I'm wrong !?

    thanx

  2. Re: rsh trouble