have cde desktop, but i want gnome - Solaris

This is a discussion on have cde desktop, but i want gnome - Solaris ; At the login window my options are JDS or CDE, but no gnome. When I did the installation I selected the 3rd option, developer system, not the full install; did that leave gnome off? If not, what do I do ...

  1. have cde desktop, but i want gnome

    At the login window my options are JDS or CDE, but no gnome. When I
    did the installation I selected the 3rd option, developer system, not
    the full install; did that leave gnome off? If not, what do I do so
    that I can use gnome?

    Thanks

  2. Re: have cde desktop, but i want gnome

    On 4/1/06 7:39, in article x764p0o319.fsf@grunt.berkeley.edu,
    "rusty@grunt.berkeley.edu" wrote:

    > At the login window my options are JDS or CDE, but no gnome. When I
    > did the installation I selected the 3rd option, developer system, not
    > the full install; did that leave gnome off? If not, what do I do so
    > that I can use gnome?

    Choose the JDS option - it is basically GNOME.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  3. Re: have cde desktop, but i want gnome

    rusty@grunt.berkeley.edu writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |At the login window my options are JDS or CDE, but no gnome. When I
    |did the installation I selected the 3rd option, developer system, not
    |the full install; did that leave gnome off? If not, what do I do so
    |that I can use gnome?

    JDS is GNOME.

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/

  4. Re: have cde desktop, but i want gnome

    Thanks. I was only looking on Sun's site and didn't find anything
    about switching to gnome. After I posted my message I did a google
    search and found out about JDS.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread