K8T800 Chipset Support - Particularly IDE/SATA - Solaris

This is a discussion on K8T800 Chipset Support - Particularly IDE/SATA - Solaris ; I've tried solaris express 12/05 and Solaris 10 U1 and both dont recognize the disks in my Asus K8V-SE (K8T800). This board has an 8237 IDE chip. Does anyone know if this is supported ? I've check the HCL and ...

  1. K8T800 Chipset Support - Particularly IDE/SATA

    I've tried solaris express 12/05 and Solaris 10 U1 and both dont
    recognize the disks in my Asus K8V-SE (K8T800). This board has an 8237
    IDE chip. Does anyone know if this is supported ? I've check the HCL and
    its not listed and I've also searched google, but I cant believe that an
    OS written for 64 bit computers would fail to work on probably the most
    common chipset out there ?

    Any info appreciated.

    Bards.

  2. Re: K8T800 Chipset Support - Particularly IDE/SATA

    bards1888 wrote:

    > I've tried solaris express 12/05 and Solaris 10 U1 and both dont
    > recognize the disks in my Asus K8V-SE (K8T800). This board has an 8237
    > IDE chip. Does anyone know if this is supported ? I've check the HCL and
    > its not listed and I've also searched google, but I cant believe that an
    > OS written for 64 bit computers would fail to work on probably the most
    > common chipset out there ?
    >
    > Any info appreciated.
    >
    > Bards.

    Hi,

    I don't know about the K8V-SE, but worst case, you might consider using
    an IDE-PCI card (Syba), as I described in several recent posts here in
    this NG...

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread